Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Internet Quota :: that's really got my goat-a

HEY! (red text means me anrgy person) I figured out why my blogger account is slower than a bloody wet week:

Am I the only one who didn't know QUT students are limited to how much internet we can use?

Yeah, we all have a quota of 150MB and if we go over they slow down our internet speed!?!?!?!
Turns out I've clocked up 222MB, and so they've slowed me down.

Now I'd be fine with this if I came into uni every day and downloaded songs, watched videos, did some online banking, bought useless junk on eBay then went home. But I DON'T! Every subject I'm enrolled in--and pay for--requires me to be on the internet every day. It's pretty hard for me to write a blog for Virtual Cultures if they're squeezing my bollocks on internet usage isn't it?

Another subject, Journalism info Systems, is pretty much conducted purely online. We do ALL our research and submit our stories online, we download the lecture notes online. I just had to write an 8-par' story within 9o mins for assessment--that's find a story, find an angle, research, and write an entire story using only the internet--and the web pages are timing out because it's taking so long to load pages. I was waiting 5 mins for friggin Google to load!

Anyway, I think you can buy more MBs. I'll have to fork out for that I guess. Bugger me, what a rort.

I can't imagine how students without the internet at home survive--how does QUT expect them to survive on 150MB/month? Especially if they're Virtual Cultures students, or in Web Design or something.

I'm interested to see who else is having the same problem. You can check your quotas
here. Please comment of you're over the limit, maybe we can make some waves to get the quota increased for internet-based subjects.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home