Tuesday, April 11, 2006

KCB 201: new direction for the daily current

Hi everyone.
For a university subject called Virtual Cultures, I am required to create a blog and talk a bit about the unit. Virtual Cultures explores... well... virtual cultures. No, wait, let me expand: we explore the culture that can be found... within... a... virtual... um... society (???). OK, it's a fairly self explanatory name. But how could we explore virtual cultures without exploring the amazing and rapidly expanding phenomenon that is the blogoshpere? Blogs are the most obvious and integral culture found in cyberspace... Blogs and Lost fan forums... but mostly blogs.

Therefore, from now until the end of Semester 1, I'll be posting a daily(ish) comment on how the subject is going and I'll be asking qustions of my fellow students about the course. This shouldn't frustrate regular readers of the daily current too much because... well... there aren't any... regular readers.

So tune in every now and then, comment on my comments, link me to your blog and we'll become a happy little community of blog-buddies! I'll try and put as many links to other blogs as I can on the little side-bar thingy over there
<-------------------------- I think this is the idea... to link as widely as possible. I'll try and comment on every blog that I go to and, in return, it'd be great if you could leave comments here. Even if you want to tell me you just joined a medi-eval cooking club, or if you enjoy riding Shetland ponies in your spare time -- I'll be happy to hear it. Also, if I see/hear anything in the media that I think is worthy of more attention, I'll post it up here and we can all jam together.

*ALL POSTS REALATING TO MY SUBJECT, VIRTUAL CULTURES, WILL DISPLAY 'KCB 201' IN THE TITLE*

Happy reading,
Chris.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home