Wednesday, May 17, 2006

More than a blogging...

It seems blogging has become far more recognised in the academic world.

I'm currently in a tutorial for a subject called Journalism Info. Systems,
the second subject this year to ask me to `create a blog`.

Once again, having already established a blog of my own, I'm at an advantage.

JIS is based on the (relatvely) new online journalism movement, and presents all the different techniques for gathering information and publishing news online. They call it C.A.R - Computer Assisted Reporting.

Before this subject, I never knew just how much information is available online. I never knew we could view most press releases, parliamentary meeting transcripts, interview transcripts, speeches, media ratings, news and journal archives, corporate background, and recorded TV and radio purely through the WWW.

We've already written two stories from gathering information usnig only the net, and I found that it's far easier to email your talent than to get them to talk to you on the phone.

Obviously, this week's topic is on blogging. One day I reckon there will be an entire course on blogs and blogging, if the current trend is maintained.

If you're reading this blog, you probably already know about the brushfire popularity of blogs over the past few years, but seeing as though you're probably my tutor, here's a link to show you I am samrt... very samrt.

I apologise to all zero of my other readers for my manditory uni babble, but I'm getting marked for this so tough...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home