Thursday, September 07, 2006

New Media: New Assignment ...

The Economist: “New online models will spring up as papers retreat. One non-profit group, NewAssignment.Net, plans to combine the work of amateurs and professionals to produce investigative stories on the internet.”

Take a look at NewAssignment.net. Looks like a really interesting concept that will colaborate the work of amatuer and professional journalists around the world.

I don't think I'll donate just yet, though ...

Just had a read of today's editorial in The Oz and I agree -- we shouldn't be too eager to say goodbye to the dead-trees. Newspapers have their place and will not be usurped by New Media. Rather, they will work alongside the various internet news services in a process of collaboration.

When I see someone reading a laptop computer folded into quaters while they ride the bus, I will be proved wrong ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home